Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

11/29/2016

November 28, 2016

Week 40

Sukur Gunu Mutlu Olsun

Hey guys! I don't have a tone of time this week so I'll have to email all of you.  Yes, to answer your questions, we had our washer fixed while we were gone to Izmir. It's starting to get kind of chilly here, which is kind of nice. Today it's raining kind of hard  I can't wait to see it snow here, it will be so weird. To start off, we met with one of our BEST friends after emailing him last week. He has so much potential! I might have mentioned him before, but since I can't say too much, I might not have. He's awesome. He found out about us while we were in Germany and started coming before we came back.  As soon as we got back he was so excited to meet us. He lives super fat, I'm talking out of Istanbul borders, and he comes to our English practice and church! We gave him a date! Same as our African friend. Izmir was soooo nice! The weather was great, the people are nice, and the volunteer's apartment is like a suite. The volunteer I worked with is in the new group and his Turkish is amazing. We met with a ton of friends they have there. For church they meet in a conference room in a hotel every week. So, that makes me pretty grateful that we at least have a building here in Istanbul. Thursday(Thanksgiving) we had a big lunch at the mission home. Instead of turkey though, we ate ham, which is way better since it's illegal here.There were tons of good desserts as well. It was a good day and I was definitely thinking about you all. After that we met with our other friend again before English group. We set a date and he told us that date seems pretty soon.  We told him with hard work and dedication he can make it happen. We also told him we'll be there with him and then he was excited.Friday was district meeting and the Spirit was super strong there this week. I don't know why because it was a normal meeting and I don't know if it was just me, but I felt it. Saturday was soooo good.  We had a branch activity at the park near the church.  A ton of friends and members came, all of the volunteers were there, and we played soccer, Turkish dodge ball, and we ate a ton of pizza. I love seeing that church activities can actually be fun haha. Well, I love you all so much, thanks so much for all the love, prayers and support.Have a great week!




Greetings From Izmir!

No comments:

Post a Comment