Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

12/07/2016

December 5, 2016

Week 41

Hey Mom! First of all, I've gotten three of your packages so far! I'll be on the lookout for the rest of them. Transfers will happen a couple of days after Christmas and we won't know what's gonna happen until right before. It doesn't matter, because all of the packages are shipped to the office. So, no matter where I go, I'll get them sooner or later. Please tell everyone that took the time to write me a letter how much that seriously means to me, especially the ones I don't even know. Also Mom, thank you so much for all of the effort and time of putting these all together! It's totally unnecessary but I do love it! To answer your question, there are ten areas; 3 in the European side of Istanbul, 3 on the Asian side of Istanbul, 2 in Ankara, and 2 in Izmir and there are 20 of us. My Turkish now is...okay? I don't know, I can't really evaluate it.  I'm trying to memorize more words and hopefully that will help me keep improving and understanding. It sounds like you have really good relationships with your co-workers and that's super cool that you got to learn how to do some karate haha. I remember learning about the pride cycle in seminary junior year, it's so crazy. This week we weren't able to meet with our Nigerian friend because he was working a ton, but he came to church and we might meet with him tonight. Our Turkish friend is progressing soooo well. He FASTED yesterday for the first time in his life! :) We also have another Turkish friend who has TONS of potential. Ankara has six people in a pool party next week, so this country does have miracles! Last Tuesday we had zone training and the focus was on having the motivation to talk to people on the street.  I definitely needed that and it helped a ton. Other than that, not much happened this week. By the way, we had ham instead of Turkey on Thanksgiving since this is a Muslim country and it is haram (religiously forbidden) and it's nowhere to be found. The desserts were all American--pies and stuff. There are so many good Turkish desserts, though, and I'll have to explain later because it's hard to type about food haha. Again, thank you so much for the packages and the love! I love you so much, Mom!  Have a good week


The Best Thing I've Ever Put in My Mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment