Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

10/10/2016

September 26, 2016

Week 32

Cok mutluyum (I'm so happy)

Hey Momma! First of all thanks a ton for having Gran do the name, I'm excited to go to the temple! Also thanks for sending me pictures of you, Alli and Gran at the temple! I like when you guys send pictures just as much as you like it when I do!  Sorry about leaving you hanging, haha. I thought you would have gotten the news a lot sooner.  We found out on Saturday morning. I can't express how excited I am to go back to Turkey! Elder Griffin is also being transferred and nobody is replacing us. So, this area is going back to having one companionship. It's a little stressful packing, but it's allllll good :) On Wednesday we were meeting the other elders at a bus stop to go to a joint teach with the less active sister, and while the other two were waiting for us, a Turk approached them and asked them what they did. They told him and he was like "Do you know ISIS? Yeah, I'm ISIS!" They had no idea what to do. Thankfully he was just kidding. A couple of minutes go by and Elder Allen is like, "HEY ELDER MUNCY, THIS GUY IS A TURK, GET OVER HERE!" We met each other and I started talking to him about what we believe and just like every other encounter with Turks, the subject of prophets came up. I told him that we have a living one on the Earth today and I showed him a picture of President Monson on my ipad and he was dumbfounded--but in a good way. We made an appointment with him and met with him yesterday after church. His name is I. He is such a cool guy.  After about 10 minutes of getting to know him, four of his friends showed up and they joined in.  The lesson was crazy and amazing.  Between their German and my Turkish we made it though okay. They are great guys, especially I.  We gave him a Book of Mormon and his friend wants one as well! I'm sad that I didn't find I sooner, but hopefully he and his friends will come around. I also gave them Elder Cakir's number as well as the other Elders' in Braunschweig. I really do have high hopes for all of them. I am very excited to go back to Turkey but I will miss it here a little. I learned a ton about patience and trusting that the Lord will get His work done no matter the circumstances. I also realized that no matter where I am, I'm still doing the same work--the Lord's work. I'm so grateful for my time here in Germany! Oh! I got your packages, thank you! I loved the Minion meme hahaha. I love you so much, Mom. I hope you have an awesome week!
My face after I found out we were going back to Turkey


Our ward mission leader and his family. I love them so much and I will definitely miss them the most

Our super cool and unique church building--built by the members in the 50s

Us along with the two Vietnamese sisters in our ward

No comments:

Post a Comment