Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

10/17/2016

October 3, 2016

Week 33

Elhamdulillah! (Hallelujah)
You have no idea how happy I am to be back! So before I talk about that, I'm gonna talk about how fun our exit from Germany wasn't. Since Yasli Johnson and I were from the same zone, we were able to ride the same train all the way to Freiburg, where the temple is.  All together it was originally a four hour train ride there with three lay overs. About five minutes before we get to the first lay over, the train stops. The engineer was telling everybody what was going on, but it was in GERMAN. There weren't very many people on the train and the ones who were there were all sleeping. We ended up being stuck in the same place for an hour and a half, and then we started going backwards. We went to the previous train station. We had to get off and find a train that would take us to our first lay over. So we finally find where we are supposed to be and we saw Yasli Mattes! All three of us were able to eventually figure out how to get to Freiburg.  But, because of all the delays, the three of us weren't able to go to the temple. Instead, we waited outside for about two hours. It was disappointing, yes, but sitting outside of it was still very peaceful and I'm back in Turkey! Once we landed in Istanbul, getting through passport control took about two hours. About half of us had some issues with our visas, including me. Please keep Yasli Eatough in your prayers--his visa problems were so bad that they sent him back to Germany that same night. The earliest he'll be able to come back is in a month.  It was so sad. As far as transfers go, we still have no idea. We are all with our original companions. Sisli's apartment was closed down so they are staying with us until they find a new place. A new area is opening up also and if they don't find an apartment, we could have three companionships in our place. haha  This next transfer will be so crazy. For General Conference here in Turkey, we have to watch it a week late--Baskan Cakir goes to SLC and then translates it. So Mom, I'm sorry I didn't read your summaries too much because I don't like spoilers:) but thank you though, I'm so excited for it! We've already mad a few friends and a few old ones really want to meet with us so that's super cool! I hope I get to stay here in Levent, I'd honestly be happy if I spent the rest of my time here. For personal study, I started the New Testament and I'm in the middle of Matthew, I think chapter 17 or 18. I still read out of the blue one, though. Well, we have less time here and no ipads, so I gotta get going. I love you all so much! Thank you all tons for the prayers and support!  iyi haftalar (have a great week)

The Last Pictures of Germany!





SOOOO Glad to be Back!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment