Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

1/01/2018

December 4, 2017

Week 93

*Pool party~that was E. Nattress siphoning the pool
*"Our friend who was progressing the most told us Friday that he wanted to take a break from meeting with us, it felt like a big slap in the face. He was progressing so well and was befriending a ton of people in the branch, then this happened. We are, however, meeting with a guy that works at a doner place close to our house. We went there one time. He asked what we do.  We told him and he asked for a "blue book".  We were actually so busy for quite a few days so we never had the chance to stop by and give him one. He waw us crossing his restaurant he called us over and asked for his book. We felt sooo bad so we gave him one right away the next day. We also sat down with him and explained what it was and everything.  He seemed very interested and promised us he would read it.  We'll see how he progresses."
*Appreciative of spiritual insight. "This week I learned how I need to have more faith when I talk to people and just let the Lord take over. I worry too much about what I'm gonna say/ask because I HATE awkward situation. BUT in Helaman 7 when Nefi (Nephi) is praying on the tower and all the people stopped an mocked him, he stood  up wnr in g45e4 13 it  he 'opened his mouth' If he would have just awkwardly stood there and let the people look at him, he wouldn't have changed their hearts like he did as well as tell of the prophecy of the murder of the chief judge. So it's important to have faith instead of fear.
*Tender mercies- They are ALWAYS there. "I will pay more attention and do better at remembering them so that I can share them with you."
*"The Light the World initiative is awesome. I can see it already strengthening our members and volunteers, our entire mission really."
*Personal study- still in Helaman
*President Davis found a service project. "We go to a retirement home run by foreign Catholic nuns. This week Yasli Grover and I got to go feed some elderly ladies (as in spoon feeding them). I was not excited, I was actually dreading it on our way. BUT once we got there, the patrons were so nice and they loved  us there."
*Zone conference in two weeks (already). The day after the whole Turkey zone is going back to the nursing home to do a big project.
*This coming Saturday, the Catholic church is hosting a huge fundraiser. All of the Istanbul volunteers will help with that "Way excited for that!!!!
I
I can actually put up with cats now, but this one can't put up with me!

Li
#Light the World!  We helped this man feed all of these cats in this park that he runs

A really good quote from Elder Holland





No comments:

Post a Comment