Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

8/06/2017

July 24, 2017

Week 74

*Getting transferred back to Istanbul to be Zone Leader--leaves tomorrow!  "This wasn't expected at all.  I'm a little disappointed that I won't get to finish training E. Kanongata'a, we've grown pretty close."
* Sad to leave Ankara and the strong and faithful people in the branch. Also missing a friend's pool party this coming Saturday.  He's an amazing guy and will do great things.  "This is the second pool party I'm missing because of moving to different cities."
*New area is Florya and will be in a trio with Volunteers Russell and Heck.  Russell was one of the zone leaders and will train me (Volunteer Havens will train Volunteer Grover, the other zone leader).
Both zone leaders will be Coloradans! 
* Mad two whole packs of bacon last night! "Oh, my goodness, it was so greasy and heavenly!"
*Had a branch activity Saturday night so that the Davis's and the branch could get to know each other.
* An Iranian family got moved by the government to another city and haven't been able to attend church, until this past weekend.  They came to meet the Davis's. Their daughter turned 8 just a couple of weeks ago and President Robertson(branch) suggested that she have her baptism! "So, we scrambled to get the pool ready and filled, and Sunday after church, she was baptized and confirmed by her dad! It was awesome and they are one of my favorite families I've met during my time here."
*We wear t-shirts and casual clothes now to go to touristy places and blend in and look as "normal" as possible.
* I love you guys so much and thanks again for all of the love, prayers, and support.
Went to the Besiktas store for a jersey and they had the championship trophy there!

I still don't like cats, but this cat's eyes were super cool!

Kavun season is back!  This is my favorite fruit of all time!













Enjoying the sights in Ankara
Last day in Ankara

No comments:

Post a Comment