Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

8/09/2017

August 8, 2017

Week 76

*This week FLEW by!, met with a ton of people, had an AWESOME "pool party" and sweated a TON, "It's sooooo humid here, holy cowwww!" 
*Yesterday(Monday) was a visit to the big island of the Asian side of Istanbul.  All volunteers went together.  "The actual island wasn't all that great, but we still had a ton of fun and got closer to each other." Went sight seeing, not to meet with people.
* Happy to hear about mission calls in home ward, also happy to know that friends on missions are letting those missions change them for the better
* In the works- to have a Turkish branch and an English branch--there are enough people to make it happen in Istanbul now.
* (if you can believe it) "I really enjoy eating cucumbers and tomatoes together--with a ton of salt and lemon, though."
* Personal study: Alma 5
* A suuuuper big tender mercy: "At Christmas time there was a guy I told you about, an investigator that E. Blair and I had back in the day; he was prepared but just dropped us and never told us why. We were at the church on Saturday preparing for a pool party and he just showed up! I was soooo taken back and I had never felt so happy to see someone since on my mission. He said that he lives outside of Istanbul now but was visiting and wanted to stop by and say hi while he was around. I'm so glad I was at the church at the time he decided to drop by! I thankfully took a picture with him and got his phone number.   I KNOW that wasn't a coincidence-God knows how much I love that guy and think about him every day, just seeing him made me so happy."
*Going to Izmir tomorrow for exchanges!  Will have the opportunity to work with E. Johnson for the first time since the MTC!
*Love you guys so much!
Alma 3:27
"For every man receiveth wages of him whom he listeth to obey, and this according to the words of the spirit of prophecy, therefore let it be according to the truth."









What a view!

Fun with all of the volunteers


Lesson in a Graveyard

"We have a friend who lives in another city, so we Skype him for lessons.  Our apartment has horrible service and the guy was ready for us to meet.We had no idea what to do! Then, E. Russell was like, "I know! There's a graveyard like two minutes away!" So, we headed over there, found a safe hidden spot and Skyped him. He asked us where we were and E. Russell said that we were in a park.haha. It also got dark so I had to use the flashlight on my phone so he could see us."








No comments:

Post a Comment