May 1, 2017
* Skype time is coming up soon!
* April went by very fast, seemed like a minute, has been in Ankara for over a month now. "unreal"
* The smart phones are Galaxy A5. There is one in each companionship and each volunteer will be urged to buy one and then will be able to keep it after the mission. Honestly, the Samsung is not preferred, but for some reasons i-phones aren't accepted.
* Now able to use Facebook, and also use "WhatsApp" and everyone outside of the US uses it to text. Also included: their own volunteer area book and planner app (which is weird to not have everything down on paper), language study apps, and a map app (the same one he used in Germany, and it's nice)
* Uber is NOT popular here (Answering a question) Taxi rides are the way to go and they get reimbursed for them.
*What areas are included in your zone? Turkey itself is a zone and Ankara is a district. There is only one branch in each city and when there is zone conference, they fly to Istanbul.
* "I was able to do an exchange in Istanbul with a new volunteer. He is from Italy, but way north, the part that was Austria, so he's more Austrian. He speaks Italian, German and perfect English. He's a good volunteer. His name is Volunteer Puff, pronounced poof."
* "We also had a really busy day at the refugee center on Wednesday. Usually we are there for an hour or two because it isn't a big place, but we were there for four hours! A ton of refugees showed up and it was hectic but it was also awesome."
* The pool party friend continues to get better. She came to church yesterday and we will meet with her tomorrow!
* The dress code has changed! They aren't supposed to match our companions anymore, only at church
* Cleaning the apartment today!
|Posing with the Branch President ("he's awesome")|