Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

3/20/2017

March 6, 2017

Week 54

I ATE MARSHMALLOW FROOT LOOPS FOR
BREAKFAST THIS MORNING!!

Hey fam!
We had to stay the night with the Sisli Volunteers last night and Volunteer Grover had some American cereal sent to him.  He was a doll and let us have some:) Mom! Thank you for send me that picture of you three.  Also, that's really cool that one of your students likes the Century Trail(Cameron's Eagle project at a therapeutic horse riding center)That kinda made my day! Please don't worry about sending more Gatorade, I'm very satisfied drinking ayran and apple tea:) We sing "O God the Eternal Father" almost every week for sacrament here haha. Whoever picks the hymns really likes that one. I don't even want to see your break-up-a-fight mode, Mom. haha, that seems pretty sketchy. I would've loved to see the look on your students' faces. Dad! I totally thought you meant that people were spray painting 2Nephi 27:11 on rooftops or something, but then I looked it up and it made sense.  That's pretty cool, though. Thanks for the thought! I'm thinkin' of goin' to either UVU or USU and major in something like political science or international relations and then try to go for the US Department of State. I've had tons of different ideas since being out here, so take that with a grain of salt. That's the thought right now. Thanks a ton for all the pics you guys are sending! I should be sending more but not a lot of cool things have been happening. kusura bakmayin(forgive me). Dad, you can go ahead and send me Baseballism pics, that's cool you like them so much! To answer Dad's question about families (and this is from my perspective)-In Islam, families are just as important as in our church.Although, they wait a little longer to get married and even longer to have kids, just so they can earn enough to be able to support them. In the Middle East, children show respect and obedience toward their parents wayyyy more than in America! I've realized some traits since being here. The women usually do work, things like that aren't different here. Also, older people get the right of way for everything here. I don't remember how older people are treated in America, but here they are VERY respected. They're all super nice too. I haven't met many grumpy old people here, which is super weird. No group email this week, because not much happened. I love you guys so much! Thanks for all the love and support.  Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment