Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

2/06/2017

January 23, 2017

        Week 48

Ailemi cok seviyorum!

(I Love My Family)!

Hey guys!
Before I start I'm gonna answer Mom's questions. (What was the activity that all of the volunteers participated in a couple of weeks ago?) A couple of weeks ago all of the Istanbul volunteers went to the church and played ping pong, foosball, ordered a bunch of doner (a Turkish meat kebab), and watched "17 Miracles." It's been forever since I played foosball and it was sooooo fun! (What kind of place did you and Nahle go to last week?) We were going to go to a really cool place, but it was closed. We ended up going to one of the 3 popular camis (mosque) Sultan Suleymaniye is the name. I'll send pics in the group email. (Please tell me all about the confirmation you did, how did it go?) The confirmation apparently went well.  I don't remember anything I said, so I really can't tell you, haha, but our friend enjoyed it! Also, tell Gran that I love her a ton and not to feel bad because I don't always respond to her emails.  Dad, I liked that Baseballism quote, thanks! I want to learn a lot more about Joseph Smith's life when I get back! Also, thank you Mom and Dad for sending pictures-keep them coming!  Dad, I can't believe the Falcons are in the Super Bowl(Tom Brady will always be better than Peyton). Jon told me the Bears are 3-13. That's the worst they've been since I've been alive! Anyways, this week number-wise was the worst of my time here in Turkey. Really, not much to report, except that Yasli Nahle is sick again. Yesterday morning we asked the Sisli volunteers to come all of the way to our apartment and have one of them stay with him and the other go with me so that I could give a talk and be there for our Nigerian friend as well as the friend who was dunked. So, much thanks to them for making yesterday easier. African night was awesome, though! They brought drums, sang, and danced. It was great! Well, I love you guys! I hope you have another great week!
p.s. Yasli Peterson emailed me and told me that he isn't coming back to Turkey.  I'm so sad for him. But like you said Dad, we'll know sooner or later why Germany was a part of all our lives. I think my explanation will be later rather than sooner haha. I love you guys!

Group Email

Matthew 6:30-34

Hey everyone! For this week, not a ton to report! Yasli got sick again this week for the third time since we've been together. I don't know what's up with his immune system, haha. He's feelin' better today, though. Last week we went to one of the popular camis (mosque)  and that's what the pictures are of. We weren't able to meet with anyone this week, but our African night was SWEET! We had Nigerians, Ghanians, and a guy from the Ivory Coast  who gave us a taste of what they eat, their music, and taught us a lot about their traditions. I want to go to Africa some day! Other than that, this week was pretty uneventful.  We're just rolllin' with the punches. Sorry this week was pretty boring. Still wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world!  I love you all a ton!  I hope you have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment