Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

8/08/2016

August 1, 2016

Week 24

Hey guys!
This past week was hectic! Monday we finished up cleaning and we were asked to pull a lot of money out of Volunteer Blair's account.  We could have run away to Lebanon! Tuesday we had our last zone conference.  It was pretty emotional but very good. That evening the Istanbul Asian district had a dunking ceremony!  I'm allowed to say "WOW" again (that's so weird). Although the other investigator didn't show up it was still an awesome service.  Wednesday we headed to Almanya- Germany!  The airport was super stressful but I won't get into that because it's not important.  Once we landed in Almanya we immediately saw President and Sister Fingerle, and the AP's.  We were welcomed by very delicious German pretzels.  They were very excited to have all of us and we felt welcomed and loved.  Thursday morning President had us all go on a three mile jog with him and I'm still sore from that.  We then met our companions and went straight to our areas.  So, my comp. is Elder Griffin. He's from Roosevelt, Utah and is a blacksmith!  He is really nice, speaks German very well, and only has three transfers left. Our area is Braunschweig and we are re-opening it now so we are kind of exploring.  I've been able to speak to a few Turks but none of them have been interested.  There are so many Turkish restaurants here but they have been totally Germanized.  I got my hair cut today at a Turkish place and by the way Turks are the best at hair cuts so Germans love getting hair done by them. I still don't know how to do the "normal" proselyting so I kind of do it like we did in the motherland.  There are a bunch of them though and it's awesome!  We have a WARD here! I don't know what the heck they are saying, but they are so nice and the love missionaries.  We are the second companionship here so they are very happy to have four of us.  In the five days I've been here I've been fed more times by members than my three months in Turkey!  We almost have a meal appointment every day.  This Wednesday we have a mission tour and half of the mission will be there, so hopefully I'll get to see some of the other Turkish elders. A member of the Seventy will be there. Then Saturday we head back to Berlin for training and all of the Turkish elders will be there.  I really love hearing what you guys are reading and learning about church-wise, it really helps me so thank you for sharing that with me. Well I love you guys a lot.  Thank you so much for the love and support.  Have an awesome week!




On the Way to the Airport

A Bee Decided to perform "Service"

Yasli Muncy and Elder Griffin in Front of a Cool Looking Church

No comments:

Post a Comment