Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

7/24/2016

July 18, 2018

Week 22
Her sey yolunda (everything is okay)

iiiiyyyyiiiii pazartesi (Happy Monday!)This weekend was very interesting as you all know! Saturday morning we woke up to a bunch of texts from friends and members asking if we were okay.  Then President T told us to stay indoors until further notice because of what was going on.  Volunteer Blair heard a lot of crazy stuff during the night, but I was OUT. haha. We were so confused because we had no idea of what happened until just before we started emailing. We got permission to go to CNN for a short while to catch up. It was the biggest thing on the front page and then I realized that it was actually big!  But, everything seriously seems normal now, cars are out, every store and restaurant is open, and we are back to sweating.  While we were cooped up, we read a lot in the Ensign and talked about DEEP stuff.  I also read other things while locked down.  Baskan Cakir's conversion story is AMAZING.  Try to find it and read it. I also read the King Follett's Sermon by Joseph Smith.  It was so good and I look at a lot of things differently now.  We tried to find a service project at a nursing home but weren't allowed because we aren't students here.  We are going to keep looking.  When the new volunteers came, Volunteer Blair had to welcome them, so I was part of a trio on an exchange~that was challenging.  I got a SWEET package from Micky and Telesa.  Make sure to tell them I loved it and thanks so much!  I took a lot of videos of the huge demonstrations outside our apartment window, but I can't send them.  Sorry, no cool pictures this week.  I love you guys so much!  I appreciate all of your love, support, and prayers.  Tell everyone else thank you for me as well. 
The packages are FINALLY getting to him! He is sporting a shirt from Mom for a passport picture

No comments:

Post a Comment