Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

6/14/2016

May 30, 2016

Week 15

This week was kind of tough teaching wise.  We didn't teach a single lesson.  We had 6 or 7 planned, but they all fell through.  However, we met a lot of people and two of our friends showed up at church yesterday. I'm glad they got to come for Branch Conference.  President and Sister Toronto both spoke.  They had to be translated on the spot, but that was okay, President Cakir didn't mind and everyone enjoyed it. We found another service opportunity, but had to give it to the other volunteers since it is in their area.  We will do another one soon, though.  We will be working again with refugees, but we don't have the details yet.  It'll all be good. My Turcke (Turkish) is alright.  I'm getting better understanding what people are saying to me.  They can understand me, so that's good. I have a litle booklet that I write words in to memorize.  I learn about 60 a week.  Thank goodness I haven't been sick yet.  I am eating SOOO much here and I never get full.  I don't know if it's because I'm a volunteer, or that they serve small portions, or both. haha.  Well I love you all so much and thanks so much for everything.  I hope you have a great first week of summer.  Yasli Muncy

No comments:

Post a Comment