Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

10/16/2017

October 2, 2017

Week 84

Burda Vaktim Su Gibi  Geciyor

(My Time Here is Passing Like Water)
Week 84

*Tomorrow morning (Tuesday) all of the Istanbul volunteers are meeting at President Davis's house.  First, there will be breakfast then the priesthood session of general conference!  All volunteers are watching it with their respective districts. "A lot of people said conference was really good, so I'm very excited to watch it!" (It's the last one of his mission!)
*Email from Shea! "your notes from conference resemble hers, I can tell you two are sisters."
* Heard of Elder Hales' passing
*Thinking about humility! "That's why Alma 26:12 is one of my favorite scriptures. "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak, therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
*The move to Umraniye (Istanbul Asia side) went well. "I like it a lot better than I thought I would!" The area has quite a few investigators. There is one who has a lot of potential and one who is kind of "tricky" "but he's still very special!  Working with Yasli Grover is way nice! He is hard-working and is a great person." 
* Heading into a very busy week: zone conference,( going to Gaziantep. and helping to train a sister from the branch who is going on her mission in Turkey! (visa issues)
*Did an exchange with Yasli Nattress, the Istanbul Asia district leader. "he is a great elder and I love him a ton!"
*"I was also able to go to Ankara and I worked with Yasli Earl, who took my place as district leader there. I also got to the see young man who Yasli Kanongata'a and I taught and who had a pool party right after I left. He is doing so well and wants to go on a mission next year!"
* The half hour difference in the schedule is working out very well, it's actually a huge benefit for the whole mission. "We'll see how the rest of the zone feels about it at zone conference."
*Love you! thanks for all of the support 
Some more food :) A fat Turkish version of a tortilla called lavas (lavash), and of course Ayran 


Vapours are my favorite part of Istanbul!

The mall!
Landing in Ankara!

No comments:

Post a Comment