Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

10/30/2017

October 16, 2017

Week 86

I Puked on a Bus This Week!

*Exchanges in Izmir went alright. "We have to be extremely careful down there, since we've had three volunteers deported from there and out of Turkey. The volunteers don't even have apartments down there. Every single week for a day and a half, they fly to Istanbul, stay at the apartment way out west, then when in Izmir they stay at hotels and they do this at different times during the week so there is always a companionship down there."
*Good visit with Volunteer Konongata'a as well as with Volunteer Earl!  
*Turkey now has two zones--Istanbul and Anadolu (consists of Ankara and Izmir) Each zone has one zone leader--Volunteer Nattress in Istanbul and Volunteer in Anadolu. Zone conferences with still be with both zones and the zone leaders will run them. There are also (still) four districts and district leaders in each of them.
*"I have a new title, but still do a lot of the same things.
*The title of the email this week: "Last Monday night we were invited to eat at a "Japanese" restaurant by an older couple who served a mission in Izmir over ten years ago. I ordered yakisoba ;) but it wasn't that great. It had a ton of shrimp and I ate all of that, but found out quickly in the middle of the night that they did not cook the shrimp nearly enough. I had multiple trips to the bathroom and didn't get much sleep. In the morning, I told E. Grover what happened, and he asked if we should stay home that day, but we had an important meeting with President Davis about transfers. So, I decided to tough it out. I had puked once already and I felt a little better after that. We walk to the bus stop, get on the bus, and there is a ton of stop and go traffic, which makes me feel much worse, and I feel another spew coming.  I tell E. Grover to tell the bus driver to open the door because we were completely stopped in traffic. He couldn't bring himself to do that, but he remembered that he had a bag. That would not have been pretty at all. But as soon as I puked, I felt like a million bucks (even though I probably made everybody else on the bus want to puke), haha. We got off the bus, continued our trip to the mission home, and had a great meeting with President!"
*Tender mercy this week: A promising friend from last year disappeared just before the departure to Germany. "One day this past week, I had thought about him and later that day, I saw him about to get on his moped to deliver food for his restaurant! He sees me just as I see him and we have a quick conversation. I gave him my number and I committed him to meet with us one day."
*General Conference--Elder Rasband's talk!!! "It related so much to things that have happened to me out here! TANRI BUYUKTUR  (God is great)
*"Thank you for everything and more!  LOVE"
Working with E. Topham, working in Kazakhstan. He came for a medical exam and he speaks good Russian!

E. Grover and I are on our way to Izmir

We helped move an Azerbaijan member family to Izmir. They're an awesome family and they fed us a ton of food.

Look at this tiny shopping cart! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment