Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

9/04/2017

August 22, 2017

Week 78

"While the Day Lasts"


*"It feels like yeatersay that I was emailing you all,these last 6 months are going to fly by, I know it.. :("
* Zone conference was great! "Elder Martino is an amazing teacher and is hilarious."  He focused on how we need to better at setting goals.  He didn't have to tell the volunteers to work harder because he knows that they all give everything they've got to the Lord; "we all need to work smarter, we need to be specific when we look for opportunities to find and teach."
*Elder Martino went out into the streets with one of the volunteers, and they went finding together, and the volunteer's companion went with President Davis.
*The Martinos also spoke at Church on Sunday and praised the members here and told them to be patient and diligent. "This land isn't quite ready yet, but once it is, it will grow as fast as it did in Brazil
* The apostles of old (including Paul) are waiting anxiously their best on the other side of the veil to further the work here."
*Volunteer Muncy:"It is very humbling to be in a land that is so chosen and beautiful."
*The volunteers sang their own version of "I Hope They Call me on a Mission" 
* "I hope they call me as a volunteer, where colored shirts are what we wear,
I think by then I will be ready, to ask the four different questions and hope that
they don't scare.
We like to walk through city parks, we make friends everywhere we go.
We try to keep our voices quiet, 'cause people might be listening, you know.
We spend a lot of time on buses, finding out way around the town, we split up
to talk people, but we always make sure to stay in sight and sound.
I hope that I can share the Gospel, after they ask me what I do. I love to work
as a volunteer, we meet with people in cafes and try to teach the truth." (written by Yasli Blair)
*Personal study is in Alma 13; "Elder Martino told us to read Alma 8-12 before zone conference, so I really took some time with that."
*HUGE tender mercy: My friend from Ankara who read the blue book in under a week, came to Istanbul to visit relatives. "He wanted to meet up. He came to the branch activity with the Martinos, came to church ANNNND he blessed the sacrament:) Also the other friend that go dunked back in January passed the sacrament! That was a huge tender sercy, seeing my two strongest from different cities become friends and share experiences together! Wow! that was awesome.
*Starring to feel the intensity of being zone leader. haha
*Love and appreciation!
*"What my subject means: Elder Martino opened up D&C 11:4 . It's just like one of the 7 verses in section 4 that we recite every day in Turkish, except in section 11 it adds the words "and reap while the day lasts." That really struck me.  Keep thrusting mi sicle and reaping while I have my time out here. I have to cherish it out here!"
Yasli Heck and I with the Dogan Family

Yasli Grover and me before zone conference

Stupid cat thinking he owns the place

My amazing friend from Ankara, who read the blue book in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment