Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

6/29/2017

June 19, 2017

Week 69

* The volunteers have the task of buying phones and they are very expensive there. Should have them bought by next Monday!
* Hard work always pays off, Listen to the Lord and be aware of when HE gives us tests, listen and He WILL help us!

Group Email:

Mosiah 4:11

(My New Favorite Verse)

Hey Everyone!
So, last week I got a call saying I would get a new companion in the same area I'm serving in. He's brand new and I'm training him, teaching him the ropes of volunteer life in Turkey! His name is E. Kanonogata'a. He's from Hawaii and is Tongan. He played rugby at BYU and eats a TON! He's hilarious too and I love him a lot already. His Turkish is pretty good for only being here three and a half days and since he isn't a white American, his accent is pretty good too. Yesterday I was blind-sided and asked to translate for our church meeting.  There were a lot of people who could have done it wayyy better, but I said, "sure I'll try." Oh man, it was sooo hard but I got through it and the Turks understood...mostly what the speakers were saying, haha. Last week in church we had a random guy show up and say that he wanted to learn from us.  We were like, "yeah, of course, take a Book of Mormon!" He told us he would read the whole thing before we meet up again. In my head I was like, "ok, we'll see." So, we met with him and he actually read the entire book in a few days! He also wrote the entire lineage tree of Lehi's family! And THEN during church yesterday, he told us he tried praying on his own and he got an answer and wants to be baptized! Well, we don't have a ton of time and we gotta get goin' but I love all you guys! Have a great week  ve Allah'a emanuet olun (and be entrusted to God)
Yasli Muncy
The Graffiti says "squirrel"

No comments:

Post a Comment