Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

1/10/2017

January 9, 2017

Week 46

Hey Mom! So, for the pizza that I get, I put bacon, pepperoni, and pineapple on it- it is soooo good. Ah! I miss American pizza haha. No, I haven't gotten sick yet, I promise. I had a little cough when I went to Izmir, but Yasli Brady gave me a super cough drop and it got rid of it as soon as I put it in my mouth. I have drunk some of the Emergen-c stuff but I didn't have a cold, I just drank it, haha,  Yeah, it's a challenge staying in when your companion is sick; mostly because studying all day gets super boring and I kinda just sit there. I struggle trying not to fall asleep since we're only allowed to take naps on Preparation Day or if we're sick. So yes, it does teach me patience. Well, thank you so much for sending me those pictures. You guys look super different! Dad has almost a beard, you look like five years younger, and Alli looks like she's in college.What is Dad holding up? Chili cheese fries?haha.  What you mentioned about being teachable is spot on. Read Proverbs 15:32, it's right into that. Don't worry about sending me baseball equipment, that's not allowed, but thanks. Thanks so much for telling me about your experiences with Granddad. That's so..for lack of a better word... crazy but in a good way, I never knew the Spirit World was so complicated--just kidding--the Gospel is pretty complicated, I learned that early on in my service BUT at the same time, it's super simple and I don't understand why so many people disregard it. Also thanks for letting me know how you guys are doing. YOU GUYS ARE PLANNING ON GOING TO TURKEY?!! Am I going with? I'll be your tour guide! Man! That's so sweet! I love you so much, Mom. Thanks for everything!! I'll add more in my group email. Have another good week.

Group Email:

Kar Yagsin, Kar Yagsin, Kar Yagsin!

(Snow Snow Snow!)

Merhabalar! (Hello!) This weekend it snowed here the most Istanbul has seen in a while. At least a couple of feet have piled up since Friday night. I'm loving it soooo much! All these Turks are losing their minds, they love it too. It usually snows in the winter but not nearly this much. They don't have snow shovels here so everyone is using dirt shovels, squeegees, rakes, and brooms, it's hilarious. It's supposed to continue for a few more days. Because this is super rare, our mission president wants us staying inside unless we have someone to teach and since the roads are super bad. Yasli Nahle and I have spent quite a bit of time inside being together and it is not fun. Yapacak bir sey yok ama. Idare ederiz (There is nothing to do. We manage). Our friend is getting "dunked" this week!  We have been meeting with him for three months now and it's crazy how much he has improved in that short amount of time. He asked Yasli Nahle to do the dunking, and me to confirm him. I'm super nervous My Turkish is nowhere near where I want it to be, but I know that through hard work and having faith, I'll say what needs to be said to him, We are so stoked for him! He studies outside of Istanbul and takes a five hour bus ride every Thursday and stays with his parents here so that he can meet with us and go to church. Then he heads back right after. Because of how crazy the snow has been, at the place he studies, the buses completely froze and he was stranded. We had no idea what happened to him. He showed up at church and told us he didn't get to his parents' house until 4 on Sunday morning. He came to church and went straight back on the bus after. TALK ABOUT COMMITMENT!  Our Nigerian friend is going to visit Nigeria this week but will be back for the Africa night we are going to have as a branch. It was Yasli Nahle's idea; he brought it up to our branch president since there are so many Africans in our branch--we are so excited for it! I love this work, I love this country, I love my Savior, I love you all!  Have an awesome week!




No comments:

Post a Comment