Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

6/30/2016

June 27, 2016

Week 19

Selaminalikum! Not sure if I spelled this correctly, but it's an Arabic greeting.  Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and the love!  I did get the small package and will keep an eye out on what else will come. For the first time in my life, my birthday didn't feel like my birthday and I loved it!  Elder Holland says that in order to find myself, I must lose myself and that has really stuck with me.  All of the volunteers here wished me a Happy Birthday and Volunteer Blair bought a big thing of Baklava so I definitely felt loved!  Maxi Conference was SO awesome!  We did a skit- we put Baskan Monson's "Every Volunteer a Missionary" into action and "taught" Elder and Sister Rasmussen Turkish.  Baskan Toronto taught us a lot about Islam and that was nothing short of amazing.  Being taught by a Professor of Arabic Studies is a cool experience--no doubt!  We then played outside for a long time and I about died in the heat, but it was still fun.  We are still trying to find a service project, hopefully soon.  I love you guys a lot and am so thankful for your love, support, and prayers!
Birthday Baklava

Maxi Conference Skit with Volunteer Blair

Levent/Istanbul

Levent/Istanbul

No comments:

Post a Comment