Mission Map

Mission Map
Central Eurasian Mission: Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, and Uzbekistan

1/02/2018

December 18, 2017

Dunyay Aydinlat

(Illuminate the World)

Week 95

*"Kedi" Documentary- "That's so funny that you found that, we'll watch it when I get home."
*Having a hard time finding (English) words lately haha
* "Thanks for sharing your insights about Alma--it didn't dampen my mood at all."
*"So, back in October President Dogan, the branch president in Antep, introduced us to his aunt and we've been teaching her since then. She and President Dogan's daughter were going to get baptized together on Saturday. The morning of the baptism, her children forbade it and stopped her from coming; it was really sad. She called President Dogan crying. Yasli Grover baptized the daughter and I confirmed her the next day.  I'm glad that President Dogan wanted us to do that."
*Next Saturday, there will be another "pool party" and I was asked to do the honors, so it will be the second person I've actually dunked, both in Antep."
*Wait til Christmas to open the packages "or can I when I get them?"
*This week flew by-3 day zone conference and another weekend in Antep. "Zone conference was great. It was, of course, centered around Christ and I definitely felt my relationship with Him strengthen. We played a game called "the left and right game" and then we had a while elephant gift exchange. We need to start making that a tradition every year. It is HILARIOUS. My gift was my wooden watch from Tony. Yaski LaMay opened it and then Yasli Johnson stole it. I ended up with a Turkish-Arabic Kuran, but I already have one, so I gave it a volunteer who didn't have one. We then decorated gingerbread men, had dinner, then had a devotional on the history of the Church in Turkey from Brother Cakir."
*Wednesday--displayed a Nativity. "We also sang for older people in a Catholic nursing home. It went really well and they appreciated it a lot."
*"Yasli Grover and I were able to meet with our doner friend and he has a desire to learn more and come to church when he can get off work. We're planning on meeting with him tonight. Please keep the people of Turkey in your prayers, that their work schedules will allow them to come to church on Sundays."
*Skype happens in a week "woooo!" This time it will be a whole hour!!!
*Love and miss and appreciate the support
Yasli Grover and me

The MoCollums had us over for their son's 14th birthday. They go back to America in a few days-we will miss them a TON

Helping decorate President's tree.

Helping decorate President's tree

Decorating the gingerbread men

Waiting for the white elephant exchange to begin





No comments:

Post a Comment